On October 13, 1890 eleven law students at Cornell University formed a Law Fraternity, Delta Chi. In 1922, the Fraternity officially went "general", thus opening its membership to men in all areas of study. Delta Chi, in 1929, became the first fraternity to officially abolish the hazing practices associated with "hell week".
For the full Delta Chi founding story please the history section on our national website at www.deltachi.org
Basic Expectations of a Delta Chi
- I will strive for academic achievement and practice academic integrity.
- I will respect the dignity and worth of all persons. I will not physically, mentally, psychologically or sexually abuse or haze any human being.
- I will protect the health and safety of all human beings.
- I will respect my property and the property of others; therefore, I will neither abuse nor support the abuse of property.
- I will meet my financial obligations in a timely manner.
- I will neither use nor support the use of illegal drugs. I will neither abuse nor support the abuse of alcohol.
- I will acknowledge that a clean and attractive environment is essential to both physical and mental health; therefore, I will do all in my power to see that the chapter property is safe, properly cleaned and maintained.
- I will know and understand the ideals expressed in my Fraternity Ritual and will incorporate them into my daily life.
- I will exercise compassion and understanding in dealing with all person.
- I will sustain my commitment to and involvement with our fraternity throughout my lifetime.
- I will challenge all my Fraternity members to abide by these Fraternity obligations and will confront those who violate them.
Executive Board Members
o President: Steven Binkowski - firstname.lastname@example.org (630-363-3005)
o Vice President: Zach Maslanka – email@example.com (708-310-9357)
o Secretary: Carter Hayes – firstname.lastname@example.org (217-690-8910)
o Treasurer: Alex Lopez – email@example.com (630-363-2096)
o Alumni Relations: Brendan Fagan – firstname.lastname@example.org (773-715-2364)
o Sergeant at Arms: John Robinson – email@example.com (630-248-1418)
o Associate Member Councilor: Matt Alber – firstname.lastname@example.org (630-335-4849)
o Housing Chairman: Sean Monaghan – email@example.com (847-409-0533)
o Recruitment Chair: Will Stack– firstname.lastname@example.org (224-567-9296)
o Social Chairman: Santino Salamone – email@example.com (630-414-0442)
Chapter Advisor: Jeff Broderick